Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
- You graduated with a Master s of Engineering or Computer Science or in University, and you have significant experience in your field of expertise.
- You have previous experience in project and/or product management (ideally as a Product Owner).
- You have already worked within an Agile team.
- You have strong business acumen and want to stay abreast of the latest innovations.
- You have a great understanding of customer needs.
- You are recognised as a team-player and enjoy collaborative work.
- You are a listener and an effective communicator.
- You are a storyteller.
- You are autonomous and know how to get your ideas adopted to improve your team's practices.
- You are open-minded and love to receive feedback from all stakeholders.
- You have an Agile culture and know Agile frameworks, Scrum, Kanban, Lean (mastery of Jira, Rally or Redmine type tool).
- You know how to develop a product vision based on your understanding of your field and customer needs.
- You have knowledge of software development.
- You have the ability to prioritise backlog according to their value.
- You are able to simplify and break down problems in a context where the functional area is complex.
- You know how to focus on customers and delivery by bringing quick results to users.
- You share regularly within communities your Product Owner’s practices and learnings.
- You are recognised for your ability to adapt to various interlocutors as well as for your excellent oral and written communication skills.
As an IS-IT Product Owner within Thales, you will:
- Define and own the product vision.
- Engage customers/end-users and understand their needs.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of field and keep proximity to customer needs.
- Communicate the vision of the product and define squad's goals.
- Facilitate internal and external Customer demos with the team members for direct feedback.
- Ensure squad success.
- Write and reviewing User Stories, including Acceptance Criteria.
- Accept and rejecting User Stories using the Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria.
- Prioritise product backlog items and maintaining an updated backlog for the Squad.
- Co-carry out market research and collect necessary data through studies, surveys, alpha/beta programs and onboard metrics to objectively analyse and identify user needs.
- Remain available for the Squad throughout the sprint.
- Interface with Group Functions and key stakeholders.
YOUR CAREER AT THALES
Future opportunities will allow you to discover other domains or sites. You will be able to evolve and grow your competencies in different areas:
Room and attention to personal development
Build your talents in another domain of Thales Group, discovering new products, new customers, new country or go to a more complex Solution
Choose between a technical expertise or a leadership path
Build an international career within a leading Engineering Group
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!