Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Senior Financial Controller
What you will do:
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year-end financial closing operations (e.g. account analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, the accruals posting, etc.) according to local and group procedures and deadlines
- Perform monthly and quarterly accounts reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting
- Prepare and update accounting and finance procedures
- Ensure book-keeping is compliant with Romanian accounting and fiscal legislation
- Support other departments by providing timely and accurate feedback on various requests
- Prepare of statutory accounting reports, financial statements and various reports based on management requirements
- Support the internal and external audit with accurate and timely information
- Ensure accuracy of all the daily transactions posted
- Complies with the Code of Conduct and the ethics chart of the Group, internal regulations and norms of quality.
- Annual Performance Bonuses – based on your & the company’s results
- Electronic Meal Tickets
- Reward and benefits flexible pack with various options (tourism, medical & life insurance for you and your family, sports, culture, electronics, fashion, furniture, transportation, private pension, fuel card)
- Development – e-learning trainings and external training courses
- Wellbeing – Programs (events, teambuilding)
- University degree in Finance or related field
- 4 - 5 years’ experience in accounting
- Knowledge related to accounting ERP (preferable Oracle system)
- Microsoft Office package (Excel advanced)
- English – B2 level (spoken and written)
- Result driven
- Responsible, proactive and flexible approach
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to design and effectively implement innovative solutions
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!