Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
IS/IT Digital Products stream aims to scale MVP into digital products and integrate them to the Thalesian ecosystem for Thales functions to solve the users’ pain point.
We are working on Azure on most of our project. Our infra stack is either AKS, either Azure app service. The team chooses its managed services and applicative stack.
We are looking for a passionate Ux UI Designer to join our organization. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team including engineering, design, data science to build a user-friendly product, facilitate the implementation and deliver impactful product features that delight our customers.
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
- Research user needs and support user research conducted through multiple tools.
- Design user experience architecture and support the design of user journeys to enable effortless navigation considering the brand standards, Thales design system, data analytics insights and customer feedback.
- Provide document design standards, design wireframes, mockups, specifications and patterns across channels and products.
- Conduct all phases of usability testing of prototypes in the lab and remote settings.
- Optimize user experience by improving application site to functionalities, design and navigation according to user feedbacks on user interface performance.
- Identify business needs and user requirements by conducting research.
- Design user interface and translate content and layout into an intuitive and responsive experience for users.
- Measure outcomes of user interface design improvements using metrics and benchmarking criteria.
- Develop solutions to complex user interface design issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Product Design, Interaction/Experience Design or Computer Science. or other related courses.
- 3+ years as a minimum working as a UX/UI Designer.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Intercultural communication.
- Solution oriented.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Advanced in spoken and written English.
- You are familiar with user-centered design methodologies and master several design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Axure, Adobe suite, Sketch, FramerX, etc.
You have a deep understanding of:
- Design Crafts (sketching, modelling, prototyping, …).
- Design Practice & Methods (processes, methods & practices).
- Design Research (User research and external research methods, techniques and tools).
- Experimentation & Usability Testing.
- Web development and/or Web technologies.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the technical standards governing the organisation of graphic and textual elements.
- You have good experience working with design systems.
- You have good communication skills (i.e. storytelling).
- You have good understanding of business and data issues.
- You can share with people from different jobs and backgrounds.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!